In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, those of us at RCS Wireless Technology want to reach out to all of our clients and customers and let you know that we are thinking of you during this unprecedented time.
For those who are sheltering in place to help stop the spread of the virus, our prayers for patience go out to you. For those who are serving on the front lines during this crisis, including health care workers and supermarket employees, we appreciate your dedication and hard work to keep us safe, healthy and well supplied to weather the crisis.
We take comfort in the fact that technology has afforded many of us with the ability to stay connected to loved ones and friends during a time when we’re being asked to stay at home and refrain from gatherings, both large and small. Years ago, AT&T used the slogan “reach out and touch someone” to underscore just how much a phone call from a loved one can help boost your spirits. Today, with smartphones and apps, we can do much more than just make a phone call. We can actually see a person while talking to them, literally inviting them to share our life.
This technology is also playing vital role on the front lines of the pandemic.
It’s more important than ever for doctors, nurses and other health care workers to be able to communicate with colleagues wherever they may be, whether in the most inner regions of a large hospital or in a makeshift hospital such as the one set up at the Javits Center at New York City.
The technology we rely on is a part of the technological makeup that is helping teams all across the emergency fields save lives and stop the quick spread of the COVID-19 virus. As we adjust to the cultural pandemic, it is a good time for us to reflect on all of the ways that we can all participate in minimizing the impact potential at our own locations. Here are some simple rules that everyone using portable devices and mobiles can do to keep radio/mobile units clean and virus free for safe, ongoing use. Here are a few tips from our senior technician:
Removing dust, dirt and germs not only keeps your device clean but it also improves longevity.
1. Remove the portable battery, then use a soft, dry cloth to wipe the battery and radio contacts.
2. Clean the main unit with a mild detergent soap and a damp cloth.
3. Wipe the unit with a clean, dry cloth.
1. Start with one of the following recommended disinfectants: Isopropyl Alcohol, 1:10 Bleach/Water mixture. Do not use chemical cleaners, sprays, denatured alcohol or petroleum based cleaners or products. These may damage the radio housing.
2. Apply the solution with a clean damp cloth.
3. Follow this by wiping the device with a damp cloth and mild soap.
4. Next wipe off the device with warm water only.
5. Wipe dry with a clean, soft cloth.
*For best results, please refer to the individual product maintenance manuals of your specific device for detailed cleaning instructions.